NEW YORK—Family Day will highlight Columbia Football’s Ivy League opener against Princeton on Saturday, Oct. 1 at Robert K. Kraft Field at Lawrence Wien Stadium. For more information on Columbia Football game day, please visit our updated Fan Guide.
As part of the promotion, fans can purchase a Family Four Pack, which includes four tickets to the game and a $6 concessions voucher for only $30. Call 888-LIONS-11 to get yours today. The first 500 fans arriving at Wien Stadium will receive a free Columbia foam fingers. After the game, families are invited to take their holiday card photos on the field with the inflatable Columbia Lion head. Fans will also have the opportunity to learn fire safety education tips from real life FDNY fire fighters. Select contests and fan experiences will be available to all fans, plus access to bouncy houses and other family fun in Roar-ee’s Fan Zone.
Kickoff for Saturday’s Princeton game is at noon.
Prior to its season opener on Sept. 17, Columbia Athletics introduced several new game day features and events to football games at Wien Stadium including:
· Roar-ee’s Fan Zone, a carnival atmosphere which includes interactive games, inflatable bounce houses, and fun for fans of all ages. Roar-ee’s Fan Zone is located adjacent to Robert K. Kraft Field on the baseball (Satow Stadum) outfield. The Fan Zone opens 90 minutes before kickoff and closes 15 minutes prior to kickoff.
· Affordable and Delicious Concessions: Athletics is once again excited to partner with Columbia Dining Services on delicious and affordable concessions! This year, all menu items at the main concessions stand are priced at $3.00. For the second year, Columbia has partnered with Dinosaur Bar-B-Que and will offer a sandwich, soda and a side for $9.00.
· Pre-game Picnic Area: Free hot dogs and beverages at every game beginning 90 minutes prior to kickoff for all fans.
· Team entrance: Highlight video, smoke and the Lion headlines an exciting team entrance, plus an on-field fan tunnel to cheer on the players as the Lions enter the field.
· Lion Walk: At every game, fans can cheer on the team when the Lions march from the locker room to Wien Stadium.
· Videoboard Fan Cam where fans can see themselves dance, smile or wave to the camera live on the video board, Dance Cam—selected fans will square off in a dance-off with the attending fans deciding the winner, The return of Roar-ee Rocks—fans can tweet in the songs they want to hear in game, Roar-ee’s Selfies—fans who post a selfie at the game using the #RoarLionRoar hashtag will have the chance to view their picture on the big screen and Gram of the Game, the Instagram post using the #RoarLionRoar with the most likes in 48 hours will be our Gram of the Game and win a special prize from Columbia Athletics.
· Halftime Entertainment: Stick around at halftime to watch the youth football scrimmage.
· In-game Competitions: Between quarters, fans will have the opportunity to compete in several competitions including the Island Burgers and Shakes trivia competition, cup scramble, and more, with chances to win great prizes and gear.
· Following every game, fans are invited to the field to soak up post-game atmosphere at Wien Stadium.
· T-Shirt Launcher – Expect t-shirts to be tossed into the stands by our new t-shirt launcher, sponsored by the Columbia Alumni Association.
· Plus, special promotions and giveaways for each game. Click here to learn more about all of our special promotions.
Click here for Columbia’s complete 2016 football schedule.