• The Lions (5-4, 2-0) won for the fifth time in their last six tries with a 2-1 victory at Cornell Saturday.
• Columbia is off to a 2-0 start in Ivy League play for just the second time in program history and
• Last season, the Tigers topped the Lions 6-0 in New York.
• Katie Ruesterholz recorded a hat trick and Maeve Doherty added a score in a 5-2 victory over Holy Cross in Worcester in 2016.
• The Lions lead the Ivy League and rank No. 4 in the NCAA, averaging 8.78 penalty corners per game. Columbia is also averaging 3.11 assists per game, which is eighth nationally and second in the Ancient Eight.
• Junior Katie Dempsey was named Ivy League Player of the Week on Oct. 18 after making 14 saves against the Big Red Saturday. She has started all nine games in goal and boasts a 2.81 GAA with a .690 save percentage and one shutout. She is stopping 6.4 shots per contest.
• Senior Maeve Doherty has been on a tear, recording all 22 of her points (8 G, 6 A) in the last seven contests. Named Ivy League Player of the Week on Sept. 18, Doherty has five goals in her last three games.
- Doherty is second in the Ivy League in points and goals and is third in assists. She ranks No. 11 in the NCAA in points per game (2.44).
- Doherty has four defensive saves on the season, which is tied for third in the nation.
- Doherty is one assist shy of tying Dana Zullo ’03CC and Christine Buszczak ’10CC for second on the Columbia all-time list.
• Senior Michelle Thompson’s eight assists
• Sophomore Lindsay Ladas is one helper behind Thompson for second place on the Ivy League assist list with seven helpers to rank No. 13 in the NCAA.
• Columbia named senior midfielder and two-time All-Ivy League selection, Maeve Doherty, junior goalkeeper Katie Dempsey and sophomore back Kelly McCarthy team captains at the conclusion of last spring’s practices.
• Head coach Caroline Nelson-Nichols enters her third year at the helm of Columbia. The two-time U.S. Olympian holds a career record of 22-21 overall and 7-9 in Ivy League play.
• The Tigers topped Yale to keep pace in the Ivy League
• Princeton relies on a strong defense, allowing just 1.6 goals per game, but is only scoring 1.9 per contest itself.
• Ryan McCarthy has eight goals for the team lead, while Julianna Tornetta has dished out five assists.
• Grace Baylis is the only goalkeeper Princeton has used and has a 2.06 GAA, .667 GAA and a pair of shutouts.
SCOUTING HOLY CROSS
• The Crusaders are coming off back-to-back losses to ranked foes, the most recent was a 3-2 decision at American last Saturday. On the year, four of Holy Cross’ six defeats have come to ranked opponents.
• Maureen Connolly has 11 goals and five assists to lead the team in both categories.
• In net, Marcia LaPlante has started all 11 contets and boasts a 2.83 GAA, a .769 save percentage with four shutouts.