• The Lions fell to No. 10 Virginia and William & Mary in a pair of contests played in Charlottesville, Virginia to start the 2017 campaign.
• Last season, the Bison scored four unanswered goals to erase a 2-0 deficit and come away with a 4-3 triumph in New York.
• Columbia held off Fairfield, 3-2, in Manhattan last September and have a three-game winning streak against the Stags.
• Columbia returns six starters from last season’s squad that posted an 8-9 overall record.
• Junior Katie Dempsey made both starts in net last weekend and earned a spot on the Ivy League Weekly Honor Roll after averaging 9.0 saves per contest.
• The Lions will look for some new faces to pick up the scoring after losing 64 percent of its goal production from last season.
• Columbia named senior
• The Lions have six newcomers on the roster this season. The Class of 2021 is comprised of one goalkeeper (Alexa Conomikes), a forward (Meghan Fahey) and three midfielders (Grace Payne, Kelsey Farkas, Emily Pedrick).
• Head coach Caroline Nelson-Nichols enters her third year at the helm of Columbia. The two-time U.S. Olympian holds a career record of 17-18 overall and 5-9 in Ivy League play.
• The Bison dropped to 1-3 after getting blanked by No. 5 Syracuse, 5-0, and being edged 1-0 at Cornell.
• Five different players have tallied a goal for Bucknell. Seven players are tied with one assist.
• In net, Emily Finn has played every minute for the Bison.
• The Stags picked up its first triumph of the year, a 2-0 shutout of Hofstra Friday afternoon. Like Columbia, Fairfield opened 2017 with losses to Virginia and William & Mary.
• Sam Giordano has two goals to lead the squad.
• Zoe Rosen has made all three starts in goal and has a .727 save percentage.