Men's Tennis Drops 4-2 Decision at Dartmouth
HANOVER, N.H. - The Columbia men's tennis team dropped a 4-2 decision at Dartmouth on Sunday at the Boss Tennis Center.
The Big Green took and early lead in Sunday's match, taking the No. 1 and 3 doubles matches to secure the first point. Columbia second pairing of Dragos Ignat and Bert Vancura came away with a close 8-6 victory over Alex de Chatellus and Brandon Tannenbaum.
In singles action, No. 52 Winston Lin and Ashok Narayana earned wins for the Lions, but Dartmouth notched victories in the No. 2, 4 and 5 contests to seal the 4-2 team win. Lin knocked off Xander Centenari in the top singles match in straight sets, 6-4, 7-5. Narayana also only needed two sets to down Erik Nordahl in the No. 3 match, posting a 6-2, 6-3 decision.
Columbia will return home for a pair of Ivy League matches at the Dick Savitt Tennis Center next weekend, hosting Brown and Yale on Saturday and Sunday, respectively. Both matches will begin at 2 p.m.
Dartmouth 4, Columbia 2
1) X. Centenari/B. Debot def. No. 36 Narayana/Schnur (C) – 9-8
2) Ignat/Vancura (C) def. de Chatellus/B. Tannenbaum – 8-6
3) C. Ghorbani/C. Kipouras def. Lin/Rubin (C) – 8-5
1) No. 52 Winston Lin (C) def. Xander Centenari – 6-4, 7-5
2) Chris Kipouras def Dragos Ignat (C) – 7-5, 3-6, 6-3
3) Ashok Narayana (C) def. Erik Nordahl – 6-2, 6-3
4) Cameron Ghorbani def. Max Schnur (C) – 6-3, 6-1
5) Brandon Debot def. Bert Vancura (C) – 1-6, 7-6, 6-0
6) Eric Rubin (C) vs. Brendan Tannenbaum – 6-2, DNF