NEW YORK – Columbia scored a pair of goals in the final 10 minutes of regulation to tie the visiting Yale Bulldogs, 3-3, at the Rocco B. Commisso Soccer Stadium Saturday evening. Jack Gagné, Andrew Tinari and Nicholas Pappacena all scored in the second half for Columbia, while Ron Zori posted two assists.

The opening half of action was physical, but evenly contested throughout except for a 66 second portion of play that tilted the score in Yale’s favor by two goals. The Bulldogs received their first goal in the 29th minute from Conner Lachenbruch who slammed home a loose ball off a corner kick attempt. Yale added its second strike just over a minute later when Cody Wilkins found Henos Musie streaking to the goal on a breakaway.

Statistically, the teams were equal at the intermission. Both squads fired seven shots, attempted four corner kicks, made one save and had four fouls.

After the break, Columbia went on the offensive and it paid off with a trio of goals. Gagné cut the Yale lead to one just over four minutes into the second half with his first score of the season. The junior collected a rebound from a Matthew Shinsky shot and stuffed it into the goal to bring the score to 2-1.

The Bulldogs regained a two-goal advantage in the 72nd minute when Musie scored his second of the game on a free kick from 30 yards out. Columbia had saved Musie’s first attempt, but the Yale midfielder was given a second attempt when the referee deemed Columbia charged the ball too soon on the restart.

Columbia rallied though, and pocketed a pair of tallies in the final 10 minutes of regulation. In the 82nd minute, Zori and Tinari teamed up for the Lions’ second goal with Zori sending a nice ball from the left side to Tinari who was 20 yards out. The first-year from Holbrook, N.Y. rocketed in his fourth goal of the season to get Columbia within one, 3-2.

Just over three minutes later, Zori banked his second assist, feeding a good pass to senior Will Stamatis who touch-passed the ball to first-year Pappacena. Pappacena turned and fired from 10 yards out, evening the score at 3-3.

The first overtime passed with just one shot coming from Yale’s Jenner Fox. In the second extra frame, Zori had an excellent chance at the game-winner, but his shot from 15 yards hit the crossbar and sailed out of play.

The Lions ended the game with a 21- 12 shot advantage, with 11 shots coming in the second half.

Columbia has a pair of home matches this week at the Rocco B. Commisso Soccer Stadium. Sacred Heart visits on Wednesday, Nov. 6 for the Lions’ final out-of-conference match and then Harvard comes to town Saturday, Nov. 9 in the final home game of 2013 for Columbia. Both matches will begin at 7 p.m.