No. 27 Women's Tennis Takes Down UCSB, 6-1
LAS VEGAS, Nev. - The No. 27 Columbia women's tennis team began it's spring break trip with 6-1 downing of UC Santa Barbara Sunday in Las Vegas.
The Lions took the doubles point by winning the No. 1 and 2 doubles matches. No. 13 Bianca Sanon and Kanika Vaidya took the top match without dropping a game, 8-0. No. 28 Tina Jiang and and Crystal Leung provided the clincher in the second match, 8-5.
Columbia then cruised in singles winning five of the six matches. Vaidya, Sanon, Jiang and Leung each won their singles matche's, the top four, in straight sets and Tiana Takenaga took the No. 5 match in three sets.
Columbia continues it's trip with a matchup against UNLV Monday.
1. Bianca Sanon/Kanika Vaidya (COL) def. Boyer/Garcia (UCSB) 8-0
2. Tina Jiang/Crystal Leung (COL) def. Scatliffe/Yam (UCSB) 8-5
3. Ioana Alecsiu/Tiana Takenaga (COL) vs. Meehan/Candido (UCSB) 4-7
1. Kanika Vaidya (COL) def. April Scatliffe (UCSB) 6-1, 6-0
2. Tina Jiang (COL) def. Kauilani Boyher (UCSB) 6-2, 6-1
3. Bianca Sanon (COL) def. Kierstan Meehan (UCSB) 6-1, 6-0
4. Crystal Leung (Col) def. Stacy Yam (UCSB) 6-2, 6-2
5. Tiana Takenaga (COL) def. Paola Cos (UCSB) 6-2, 2-6, 10-8
6. Jamiee Gilbertson (UCSB) def. Ioana Alecsiu (COL) 7-5, 7-6