• The Lions are 10-11 all-time in season openers. Columbia will look to start a season 1-0 for the first time since 2014.
• Columbia returns six starters from last season’s squad that posted an 8-9 overall record.
• Junior Katie Dempsey is expected to make her first career start in goal this weekend.
• The Lions will look for some new faces to pick up the scoring after losing 64 percent of its goal production from last season.
• Sophomore Maaike Blindenbach (Vienna, Va.) will make her return to her home state. At Thomas Jefferson School
• Columbia named senior
• The Lions have six newcomers on the roster this season. The Class of 2021 is comprised of one goalkeeper (Alexa Conomikes), a forward (Meghan Fahey) and three midfielders (Grace Payne, Kelsey Farkas, Emily Pedrick).
• Head coach Caroline Nelson-Nichols enters her third year at the helm of Columbia. The two-time U.S. Olympian holds a career record of 17-17 overall and 5-9 in Ivy League play.
• The Cavaliers, fresh off a NCAA quarterfinals appearance, topped Fairfield 11-1 in their season debut, before falling to No. 7 Penn State Aug. 27.
• Tara Vittese and Pien Dicke each have four goals. Vittese has also added four assists to give her 12 points.
• In goal, Carrera Lucas has earned two starts. She has a .643 save percentage.
SCOUTING WILLIAM & MARY
• The Tribe opened at home last weekend, falling to No. 2 Duke, 5-0, before picking up a 3-1 win over Fairfield Aug. 27.
• Three different players scored in the victory over the Stags. Booter Ellis dished out a pair of assists.
• Morgan Connor started both games between the pipes and has a .700 save percentage.