NEW YORK - After going head-to-head for 110 minutes Saturday afternoon, the Columbia men's soccer team walked off the field against Princeton where the game started, in a 0-0 tie. 

The opening 45 minutes were primarily hashed out in the middle third of the field, as both defenses held their back lines, eliminating almost every offensive rush of the half. When the horn sounded for the halftime intermission, the defenses had cleared away opposing attacks so well neither team had a shot on goal. 

In the second half, the Princeton offense began to find its way further into the Columbia defensive zone. In the 64th minute, Princeton's Brendan McSherry recorded the game's first shot on goal, an attempt that was turned away by Columbia keeper Kyle Jackson.

The save would be the first of five stops the Jackson would make in the second half. In total, Princeton reeled off 10 shots in the half, but could not find the back of the net. Kyle Culbertson and David Najem recorded the Lions' only shot attempts of the second half, but neither made it on net.

The first overtime period resembled the first half, as the defenses took over. Princeton notched the only two shots of the first extra period, but both attempts missed wide. 

The urgency of the game seemed to take over in the second overtime, as each side challenged the opposing goalkeeper. Quentin Grigsby landed the first shot on goal of the game for Columbia, a header attempt that Seth MacMillan grabbed from the air. Jackson turned away three Princeton shots over the final 10 minutes, but his save in the 108th minute preserved the tie for the Lions. 

Princeton's Cameron Porter ripped a heavy shot towards the Columbia goal, but Jackson made a quick move and was able to stretch out and stop the ball before it found the back of the net. It would be the final shot for either side, as the game would come to a 0-0 close.

In the end, Princeton accrued a 17-6 advantage in shots, while Jackson made eight saves to MacMillan's one. 

Columbia will be off until next Saturday when it hosts Dartmouth on Homecoming. Game time is set for 7 p.m.