BOX SCORE | Video: Kyle Jackson postgame | Video: Kofi Agyapong postgame | Video: Kevin Anderson postgame

NEW YORK - The Columbia men's soccer team picked up its second win of the season Wednesday, knocking off visiting St. Peter's, 2-1. Kofi Agyapong and Brendan O'Hearn each scored their first goals of the season, while freshman goalkeeper Kyle Jackson made his first start in net, earning his second win this season.

Columbia opened the game with the first two shots of the contest. Quentin Grigsby had his attempt in the fifth minute blocked, while Frederick Elliot sent his attempt wide of the net. Kyle Jackson, making his first collegiate start in net for Columbia, faced his first shot in the 31st minute. Noah Sadaoui, who received the game's first yellow card in the 27th minute launched a shot that Jackson gobbled up.

Both team had prime scoring opportunities towards the end of the half, but neither could break through. Henning Sauerbier received a nice feed from David Najem in the 39th minute, but his attempt went just wide to the right. Sadaoui also had another chance to put St. Peter's on the board in the 42nd minute, but Jackson again stopped him.

At the half, the Peacocks held a slight margin in shots, 5-4, with three of those chances on goal, but the score remained 0-0. St. Peter's was also whistled for nine fouls in the first 45 minutes, while Columbia only recorded four.

In the second half, each team would break through on the scoreboard. Kofi Agyapong gave Columbia the first lead of the game in the 60th minute, scoring after making a couple slick moves in the penalty area to avoid St. Peter's defense. Henning Sauerbier would receive credit for an assist on the play with a nice touch pass that started things off.

The Peacocks came right back five minutes later with the equalizer. Sadaoui, who racked up seven shots on the night, gathered a loose ball in the box and placed it into the bottom left corner to even the game with just over 25 minutes remaining.

With just under 12 minutes left in the contest, the Lions would notch their second goal of the game to reclaim the lead. Kyle Culbertson sent a nice ball into the penalty area off a free kick where Brendan O'Hearn went up and headed the ball into the back of the net.

The Peacocks had one last opportunity in the 88th minute, but Marcel Maddee's shot was turned away by Jackson. In total, Jackson finished with six saves on the night.

Columbia will now turn its sights to Delaware. The Lions welcome the Blue Hens to the Columbia Soccer Stadium this Saturday for a 7 p.m. showdown.