BOX SCORE (.html) | BOX SCORE (.pdf)

NEW YORK - Dartmouth rode a hot-shooting night and made big plays when in mattered to walk away with a 60-57 win over the Columbia men's basketball team on Friday night at Levien Gymnasium. The Big Green's (6-13, 2-3) Connor Boehm scored 20 points, on 9-of-14 shooting, and pitched in seven rebounds.

Dartmouth shot 51.1 percent for the game, but drilled 7-of-15 from 3-point range, which proved to be the difference. The Lions (9-10, 1-4) were just 3-for-20 for the game.

Senior Mark Cisco Columbia with 16 points, converting on 6-of-9 of his attempts from the floor, and pulled down nine rebounds. Classmates Brian Barbour and John Daniels also had strong outings. Barbour dished for seven assists with no turnovers, while Daniels grabbed eight boards despite playing just 14 minutes, battling foul trouble.

Despite going 0-for-11 from beyond the arc in the opening stanza, the Lions used 11 offensive rebounds which led to 12 points to remain in the hunt. The lead changed hands 20 times, but Dartmouth took a 29-26 lead into the locker room.

The Big Green came out strong in the second half and Tyler Melville's contested layup gave Dartmouth its largest lead of the contest, 40-29, with 15:34 to go.

Steve Frankoski finally got Columbia off the schneid with two-straight triples, and Maodo Lo added another to pull the Lions within two. Isaac Cohen capped the 14-2 outburst with a nice finish at the rim, giving Columbia a 43-42 advantage with 8:21 on the clock.

The duo of Boehm and Alex Mitola came up with some big shots over the next several minutes to put the Big Green back on top, 52-48, before fending off another Lions rally.

With 2:41 on the clock, Barbour fed Daniels on the left baseline for a jam to cap a mini 6-2 run and give Columbia a 54-52 lead, but could not stop a red-hot Mitola down the stretch, who scored the next six points over the next 1:42.

Down by four with under a minute remaining, Alex Rosenberg made it a one-possession game after knocking down a free throw. The Lions trapped Mitola in the corner, forcing a turnover, which led to Barbour burying a pair from the charity stripe to cut the deficit to 58-57 with 41 seconds to go.

Columbia fouled Tyler Melville on the ensuing trip down the floor, but Melville sank both attempts of the 1-and-1, leaving just 31 seconds left.

Frankoski attempted to force overtime with a 3-pointer from the left wing with eight seconds to go, but was off the mark. Cisco came up with the offensive rebound, and Frankoski got off another game-tying shot from the right corner that just rimmed out as time expired.

Columbia posted single-figure turnovers for the second consecutive game, committing just seven for the night.

The Lions return to action on Sunday, February 10, at 2:00 p.m. when they host Harvard at Levien Gymnasium.