#ColumbiaGivingDay 2013 is on Wednesday, October 23rd. This is a 24-hour, university-wide online fundraising initiative that incorporates all University schools and programs.
Last year, Columbia Athletics saw incredible success:
· Raised over $900,000 in direct gifts, almost 25% of the total dollars raised by the University, and finished 2nd among all schools and programs
· Directed over $1 million to Columbia Athletics after adding in the Challenge winnings
· Received over one-third of all the gifts received on Giving Day
· Directed over $100,000 specifically to The Fund for Excellence, which supports The Championship Performance Initiative
This year, let’s show the world how to really #TurnItBlue!
First, Columbia Athletics is competing against other University schools and programs for a share of $200,000 in incentive funds.
Second, the varsity sports programs are competing against each other for a share of a separate, additional $100,000 in incentive funds. These financial challenges are based on dollars and donors to the varsity sports program AND to The Fund for Excellence. Here’s the breakdown:
1. The more money a Varsity Sports Program raises, the more money that Varsity Sports Program earns.
2. The more money a Varsity Sports Program raises for The Fund for Excellence (in honor of that sport), the more money that Varsity Sports Program earns.
3. The three Varsity Sports Programs with the most donors earn prizes.
4. The three Varsity Sports Programs with the most donors to The Fund for Excellence (in honor of that sport) earn prizes.
5. Ten random parent donors will be selected throughout the day for $1,000 bonuses to their Varsity Sports Program or The Fund for Excellence.
As long as each sports program gets at least one online gift to the sports program AND to The Fund for Excellence, each sports program will earn some portion of that $100,000, which will count toward FY14 fundraising goals. The higher the dollars and number of donors, the more the sports program has a chance to earn—and the better Columbia Athletics does against its University competitors!
Lastly, every gift made to The Fund for Excellence on Giving Day will be matched 1:1, up to $100,000, thanks to a generous commitment by an anonymous donor!
Follow along online:
The event begins at 12:00 AM EST on October 23rd and ends at 11:59 PM EST.