PRINCETON, N.J. - The No. 12 Columbia women's squash team visited No. 1 Princeton in the final regular-season match for both teams prior to the CSA National Team Championships next weekend. Defending their home court, the Tigers downed the visiting Lions, 9-0, Sunday afternoon.
Princeton posted three-game sweeps in each of the eight matches played Sunday. The No. 9 match was not played and Hallie Dewey was awarded the win via default.
Yale will serve as the host institution for the 2013 CSA Women's National Team Championships from Feb. 15-17. The Lions are expected to be slotted in the Kurtz Cup (B Division) bracket when CSA releases the final brackets later this week. Last season, Columbia went 2-1 with wins over Franklin & Marshall and Mt. Holyoke at the 2012 CSA Team Nationals held at Harvard.
Fans are encouraged to check GoColumbiaLions.com and CollegeSquashAssociation.com this week to find updates on Columbia's first round match opponent and time for the 2013 Team Nationals.
Princeton 9, Columbia 0
1. Julie Cerullo (P) def. Reyna Pacheco (C) - 11-5, 11-4, 11-3
2. Elizabeth Eyre (P) def. Alisha Maity (C) - 11-4, 11-2, 11-4
3. Nicole Bunyan (P) def. Kate Calihan (C) - 11-4, 11-2, 11-7
4. Rachel Leizman (P) def. Leah Barnet (C) - 11-2, 11-2, 11-3
5. Alexandra Lunt (P) def. Monica Stone (C) - 11-2, 11-2, 11-5
6. Alexis Saunders (P) def. Katie Quan (C) - 11-2, 11-6, 12-10
7. Alexandra Sawin (P) def. Skylar Dickey (C) - 11-2, 11-2, 11-3
8. Tara Harrington (P) def. Jenny Schroder (C) - 11-2, 11-1, 11-3
9. Hallie Dewey (P) won by default