Columbia logo
- Final -      
stony brook

DURHAM, N.H. – A first half score from the Columbia men’s soccer team was answered with a second half goal by No. 24 New Hampshire, as the Lions picked up their second draw of the season.

With the tie, the Lions move to 1-0-2 on the season, while the Wildcats sit at 4-0-1.

A 400 minute and 20 second scoreless streak was snapped when Arthur Bosua put away a rebound goal. Vana Markarian collected a long cross and served up a shot from the right side that was blocked by UNH defender Willis Griffith. Bosua was in the box and collected the rebound, shooting to the left side past goalkeeper Andrew Pesci with 9:40 to play in the first. Coming into the contest, Pesci had not allowed a goal in the first four matches, which were all shutout wins for the home team.

Bosua's goal was his first of the season and 16th of his career.

The best chance for New Hampshire in the half came on a corner kick with five minutes remaining until the break. Columbia keeper Dylan Castanheira punched out the attempt other way, and followed it up with a save a little over a minute later from a shot by Alex Valencia.

After neither team picked up momentum to begin the second, New Hampshire was able to tie the score with 26 minutes to play in regulation. Dante Lamb sent a long cross into the middle from the right side that Jacob Gould put away on the inside of the left post, making the score 1-1.

The Wildcats had another good look at goal, drawing a free kick from 25 yards out with 8:45 remaining. Antonio Colacci sent a shot to the near upper 90, but Castanheira was there to make a highlight save and keep the match tied.

The Lions had one final chance in regulation, when Francisco Agrest fired a shot from a similar part of the field as Colacci, but the attempt went just high of the crossbar as the teams went to overtime.

Agrest went on to take Columbia’s only shot in the first overtime period, a strike from 20 yards out in the center of the field that Pesci got a hand on, sending the match to its final overtime period. 

With under 90 seconds remaining, the Lions drew a corner kick after Danny Laranetto’s shot was blocked and went out of bounds. Nike Azuma served up a great attempt for Bosua, who’s header sailed just over the crossbar, which ended up being the final shot of the draw.

Columbia out-shot New Hampshire 12-5, with three of those coming from both Bosua and Agrest, while Castanheira finished the game with three saves.

The Lions are back in action on Tuesday night, when Columbia hosts Monmouth (2-2-1) at 7 p.m. from Rocco B. Commisso Soccer Stadium.